Monday, March 14, 2011

Breaking through the Plateau

YES. Today when I weighed in for Biggeset Loser (a weight loss competition at work - you pay $10 to get in, and $1 a week after that to see who can lose the biggest percentage of weight, and if you gain weight you pay $1 for every pound. Who ever loses the most wins all the money - around $300-$400), I lost 1.8lbs!

I'm currently in second place, but this competition started at the end of the month after I had already lost a bunch of weight (10lbs). We're about half way through the competition, I'm expecting to win.

So stats:

How am I doing?
Total amount of weight needed to lose - 32lbs
Total amount of weight lost to date - 21lbs
 
If you noticed, I didn't include my stats for the past few weeks. As my many women friends will know, there are some times during the month where you just put on 5-7lbs of water. So I had to lose all that. Also, I started going slightly off track and eating more nuts than I should, which probably didn't help things. Past two weeks though I've been back on track.
 
At this point I'm at a weight that I haven't been at for such a long time, I can't even remember! Probably high school.
 
Also, damn I lost 20lbs in 9 weeks, that's pretty good. Funny what diet and exercise can do :)
 
How do I feel?
I actually feel good. I started to do little things to help with my weight loss. I go for walks on my lunch "break", and I also started taking the stairs everytime I come to work. Little things make a big difference.  
 
What am I eating?/What am I doing at the gym?
Same as last week. You can also follow my work outs on daily mile (see widget to the right). I would encourage you to join so you can keep track of what you're doing and hold yourself accountable.
 
One change. I started drinking Xtend amino acids during work outs. They help aid in muscle recovery. They also taste delicious. I bought the watermelon flavor, and it's pretty awesome.

How do I look?
I think after this competition I'm going to start calling myself the female situation. Basically my abs are looking good and I'm excited for the next 5lbs or so to come off so you can see my abs a lot better. My biceps have also toned up a lot.

What am I looking forward to?
I'm looking forward to eating for fun again. I'm also looking forward to not waking up at 6am to exercise too.
How is posing going?
I'm working on my front lat spread pose. It's probably the most difficult as I can't really feel where my lat muscles are exactly.
 
You can find the pose here:
 
You can see her lats right by her chest area, but it's just very awkward. I'm having the hardest time with that. Also, no I will not look anything like her.
First meal back?
Indian Buffet and Wendy's and soda!

No comments:

Post a Comment