Monday, April 11, 2011

Down 4lbs!

How do you lose 4lbs in a week? I'm convinced that "my time of the month" is really altering my weight loss results. I feel that instead of losing a constant amount every week, it goes in big spurts. Since I cut out so many carbs from my diet, I'm also flushing out the last bits of water in muscles. I actually noticed that the high carb days are harder than the low carb days. But, hey! I'll take it.

To put things into perspective. Since I started The Biggest Loser at work at the end of January I've lost 10% of my body weight.

Since I started my contest prep at the beginning of January I've lost 16% of my body weight.

And since I started dieting last year, I lost 23.5% of my body weight. The good thing is. I'm losing pretty much only fat and I've been able to maintain my muscle. So I am basically 3/4's of the person I was before. That's exciting!

This means I'm only at about 6lbs away from my original goal, but I think considering how I look now, I'm going to need to lose just a bit more than that so I look good on stage.

My royal blue posing suit is coming in the mail sometime this week. Along with 3 bottles of a spray on tan. I've actually been doing some "real" tanning at the salon. But only for a few minutes twice a week because I don't want to get skin cancer.

I'll post some pics after that. Can't wait for this to be done!

No comments:

Post a Comment